Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is a first person shooter in which you’re pitted against 99 other players to be the last person standing. The main way of doing this is by gunning down every enemy that you come into contact with, and so we asked ourselves, “Is it possible to be a pacifist and win a round in PUBG? Is being a PUBG pacifist viable?”
Our boy, Lemonsmith, made multiple attempts at the PUBG pacifist achievement with no gears and no weapons, and was surprised at how easy it is. If you’re proficient at hiding, and do well at keeping out of sight it’s actually not too difficult to get in the top 10 with no guns or gear. In fact, there were multiple times in which he was in the top 5 with 0 kills.
Here’s a few tips on getting the pacifist achievement in Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds
- Get yourself as close to the middle of the circle during mid-game. You want to be able to camp out as much as possible in the later game. The more you move the increased chance you’ll be spotted.
- Find yourself a good bush, and prone in it. Bushes are great cover. You’d be surprised how many times people were within 20 feet of Lemon, and didn’t notice him.
- Do your best to crouch and prone in the far circles. You don’t want to fully stand up unless you absolutely have to.
- If you want to win PUBG with zero kills you’re going to have to come up with a tactic for getting the final player to commit suicide. Lemonsmith attempted talking (through the mic) to the final person, but it didn’t work well.
- During the beginning of the game find a vehicle and cruise around. It’s more fun than just sitting around waiting for time to pass.