The Last of Us is the best game on the Playstation 4. It’s the perfect blend of action, character development, story, and surprise. I loved it so much that I beat it multiple times on the different difficulties, and even though it was published in 2014 it still holds up against newer titles. From time to time I put it into my PS4 so that I can say hello to Ellie and Joel. I really miss those two.
When Naughty Dog announced the Last of Us 2 and released the trailer I was ecstatic. Everything in me wants to play it, and it can’t come quick enough. Unfortunately rumors have it that the earliest it would be released is in summer 2018. In the meantime, here’s 10 things to pass the time while waiting for the Last of Us 2.
- Find all those damn firefly pendants. There’s 30 of them and they’re hidden oh so well.
- Replay the Last of Us. You’ve already replayed it once right? Why not a second or third replay for good measure?
- Play it on the Grounded difficult, because let’s be honest, this is how the game was meant to be played. You won’t have listen mode, AI is smarter and hit harder. Allies no longer give ammo or health handouts. It’s not for the faint of heart, but you’ll feel the fear that Joel and Ellie are going through.
- Listen to the Hey You Video Game podcast! Obviously we have high taste in video games. Listen to Gimmick, VirindiPuppet, and Lemonsmith (that’s me!) talk through our favorite games.
- Have you played Uncharted 4 yet? It’s made by the same company (Naughty Dog) and it is a top quality game. Solid story, characters, gameplay, and voice acting. There’s also Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that’s just come out. Could be up your alley if you like similar game mechanics as TLOU.
- Check out this subreddit for fan art & music. I’ll pop in from time to time to reflect on TLOU and see what cool art people are coming up with.
- Do you have a fake beard? Do you have a scruffy voice? Dress up and pretend that you’re Joel! Charge your home yelling “ELLIE” and pretending to brick bad guys.
- There’s a million different fan theories on what The Last of Us 2 will be about. I’ve heard everything. Ellie’s pregnant. Joel’s still alive. The infection has stopped. What’s your theory on TLOU2?
- Watch this beautiful trailer. one. more. time.
- Play through the Last of Us again. We know that you’ve already played through it five times! Do it one more time. You won’t regret it.